Sunday, October 19, 2008

Obama in Kansas City, MO

Yesterday Obama was right across the street from Hallmark at the National World War I Museum for the Change We Need Rally.

I couldn't go spend all afternoon outside waiting for him. I had crafts to do for Crafty Chicks craft show coming up. So I dropped my husband off for the event at 2:45p. Doors opened at 4p and he spoke at 6p.

When I dropped him off there were a ton of folks getting in line. I was nervous that he wasn't going to be able to get in!


He said there were SO MANY people he could hardly see. And there was every walk of life out there. Young, old, rich, homeless, and families. "A snapshot of America," he said.

My Grandpa turned 84 Friday. And when I called him to wish him a happy birthday he told me that he never thought he'd be alive to see a black man run for president. As a black man, my Grandpa watched his father struggle as a farmer, he's had to drink out of the black only water fountain, he's watched the civil rights movement and more. He's raised his family of six and us grandchildren and he told me he could never be more proud of us and happy to be alive to witness history.

Please vote!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that. your grandpa sounds like a great man. yes, please vote!

RoSe said...

this post about your Grandpa gives me shivers, thank god we have come a long way from those days.
Go Obama!!!!!!