Monday, October 13, 2008

Kansas City Renaissance Festival

I've never been to a Renaissance Festival before, so I was excited when I found out that Kansas City had one. So this weekend I spent most of my afternoon on Saturday with a few friends at the KC Ren Fest. This was the last weekend of the festival, it's been running every weekend since August 30th.

I later learned that as employees here at Hallmark we get discount tickets to some events around town. The Renaissance Festival was no exception. :}

The festival is held in a really pretty wooded area (and it's HUGE). There was tons of funny characters walking around in costumes, interesting food vendors, performers in multiple stages, live jousting, and even an elephant you could ride! My personal highlight of the festival was entering the Medieval petting zoo, where I got to play with super friendly sheep (and a Mama & Baby Llama)

Oh and that's my friend Angelica eating a huge turkey leg. :B

No comments: