Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CHALK WALK 2008
Ok... so I'm always in search of a good time. If it involves art, even better. One of my friends was participating in Chalk Walk this past weekend. Chalk Walk, hosted by Mosaic Brain, a non-profit organization under the Historic Northeast Cultural Arts Commission whose mission is to inspire underserved youth and their families through artistic exploration and expression. I brought my friend, Amy, and my 8 month old, Maddox. I expected Maddox to lift up the piece of chalk and draw a masterpiece. Well, he seemed to be fascinated by a paper flyer instead (he's recycling in his own way). He tried to eat the chalk, and then I realized he destined to win a pie eating contest. I figured I'd leave the masterpieces to the professionals.

One of my favorite moments of the day was when this young boy and girl (about 5 years old) were walking around the chalk art and the little boy said to the girl "Don't step on the art, it's mean". I especially appreciated that after my friends drawing was stepped on by the same young girl and her dog, for the tenth time. Check out the website and volunteer. http://www.mosaicbrain.com. Here's some pics of the chalk art.

No comments: